ANS Charges & Terms
An archive of recent notices and pricing proposals is also available.
Airways Corporation of New Zealand Limited (“Airways”) advises all its customers that, pursuant to Clause 8 of the Standard Terms and Conditions for the provision of Airways’ services (“the Standard Terms”), the structure and contents of the Standard Terms are being updated. The changes are primarily designed to reflect our new Services and Pricing Frameworks but include some other updates as further detailed below.
While there are minor changes throughout, the key changes are in the areas outlined below:
- Updates necessary to reflect Airways’ new Service and Pricing Frameworks including:
- A new clause requiring fixed pricing during specified “pricing periods” (generally of three years) subject to specific exclusions (e.g. when revenue from base services differs by 2% or more from forecast or there are material unanticipated circumstances adversely impacting Airways) (refer clause 6)
- The pricing formulae have been amended to achieve a more transparent and simple pricing structure (refer pricing schedule, Part A)
- A reduced approach service charge has been introduced for landings outside the published hours of aerodrome control service watch at attended aerodromes (refer pricing schedule, Part A, clause 1(b)(i))
- The introduction of charges in respect of circuits, vicinity landings and controlled VFR transits (refer pricing schedule, Part A and the definitions of relevant terms)
- Provision for certain optional or ‘enhanced’ services to be provided for additional cost (refer pricing schedule, Part A, clause 3(g))
- The removal of existing discounts and exemptions in respect of engineering test flights, glider operations, pilot training, agricultural aircraft, vintage aircraft
- The removal and phased removal (respectively) of the light aircraft contracting and ticketing options (refer pricing schedule, Part B, clause 2)
- Updates to the default interest provision (to expand the scope of costs claimable when an operator fails to pay amounts owing pursuant to the Standard Terms) (refer clause 7)
- Updates to the Limitation and Exclusion of Liability provisions to reflect the increased liability limits now applicable under the Montreal Convention (refer clause 10.2)
- The introduction of a new clause “Privacy and Data Use” to identify information collected by Airways and the manner in which it is used (in accordance with Airways’ Privacy Act obligations) (refer clause 14)
- The introduction of a CPI based increase to the extended or unscheduled out of hours service (refer pricing schedule, Part A, clause 3(a))
- An exception to the vicinity landings charge is provided where “block air traffic control” clearances can be utilised to minimise workload (refer pricing schedule, Part B, clause 1(c)).
Please note that the amended Standard Terms document currently does not include details of the prices. It is simply provided to give an early indication of wording changes. Specific changes to pricing for the various services will be notified in late May once finalised pursuant to the current consultation process. The complete Standard Terms (including prices) will then be published and come into effect on 1 July 2013.
Download the updated Standard Terms here
ANS Charges Quick Links
IFIS Internet Flight Information Service
A pre-flight information and flight planning service for operations within the New Zealand Flight Information Region. For complete access to services provided by the site you will need to register.
Register Here Information provided by the IFIS is retrieved directly from the New Zealand AIS/MET database in "real time". MET information provided by Airways is detailed in the AIP NZ.
Pay your account by Visa or Mastercard.