AIM - Aeronautical Information Management
New Zealand aeronautical publications are produced by AIM
AIM is a business unit of Airways New Zealand specialising in:
- the design of instrument flight procedures,
- the production and distribution of aviation publications, and
- the management and provision of aeronautical information/data for operators of aircraft flying into or within New Zealand airspace.
These services are also provided to other States under contract. For further details of international services offered by AIM, please contact Frances Dowdle.
Key domestic products are:
- Instrument Flight Procedures (IFP): AIM procedure designers develop approach, departure and enroute flight procedures for domestic Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) operations under a delegation from the Director of the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand).
- Aeronautical Information Publication New Zealand (AIP NZ): The AIP NZ is a State document* that provides all the operational information required for air navigation within New Zealand airspace. The AIP NZ is available in electronic format (PDF) or a 4-volume paper format.
*The AIP New Zealand is published by Airways New Zealand under the authority of a certificate issued by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand).
- Aeronautical Charts: Thirteen (13) chart types are available for planning and operations under Visual and Instrument Flight Rules. Nine (9) of these types are included within the AIP NZ. The others are large-format charts and, although part of AIP NZ, are available separately.
Full information on all AIM products and services can be obtained through the AIM website.
IFIS Internet Flight Information Service
A pre-flight information and flight planning service for operations within the New Zealand Flight Information Region. For complete access to services provided by the site you will need to register.
Register Here Information provided by the IFIS is retrieved directly from the New Zealand AIS/MET database in "real time". MET information provided by Airways is detailed in the AIP NZ.
Pay your account by Visa or Mastercard.